Wednesday, October 20, 2004

What’s the purpose of this site?
Many people have said that you can’t predict the movement of the market. I’m going to use tools, studies and indicators and try to see if it can be done. This is just for informational and scientific purposes only, I’m not recommending any trading positions. I will give daily updates on what I believe the direction of the DJIA (Dow Industrial Average) is and where it’s going. I will not cover up mistakes or wrong predictions—it will be all out in the open to study. The Dow is the most widely followed U.S. market indicator and that’s why it will be the focus of these studies.

What methods will be used?
Technical analysis will be used (hence the TekTr8der name) to try to determine market direction and targets. Much technical analysis I’ve found to be useless, and fundamental analysis is included in price and volume levels, I believe. I will discuss what indicators and ideas I’m using in the course of my analysis.

If markets can be predicted, why hasn’t it been done already?
They may not be able to be predicted! However, many people don’t even explore that possibility because they’ve been told that it is, in fact, impossible. Maybe my unique insight and methods will prove worthwhile, maybe not. Obviously, by my creating and maintaining this site, I think I might be successful.

If you can predict the market, why aren’t you rich?
I haven’t been very successful up to this point, but I want the discipline of posting my findings and getting input from you, and others. By sharing what I’ve discovered, I hope to refine my processes and get added information from others.

Trading of this type requires discretionary funds and at this time, I don’t have much! If, through these updates, I find that my methods can be used to predict and make money from the markets, I will trade them myself, and if I feel that it wouldn’t hurt my trading, I will create a separate, pay website.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home